Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saudi King Abdullah is dead

King Abdullah of Saudi is dead

He was 90 and ailing so this comes as no surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by starman View Post
      He was 90 and ailing so this comes as no surprise.

True. It wasn't surprising since I don't think I could imagine the amount of skin his plastic surgeon folded behind his ears.

But more interesting is what might happen next.

Comment

What's happening with the government there?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonjeeshk View Post
          What's happening with the government there?

They are running out of sons of Abdulaziz. They are also bickering. The issue is that who is supposed to take the throne has never been clearly defined. In the past the argument was sometimes who was the son of one of his favorite wives. This leaves thousands of contenders.

Put it this way, Abdullah alone had 31 wives that we know of. What about the rest of the sons of Abdulaziz?

Comment

Probably wishful thinking but what if they couldn't agree and had a civil war or coup? Things could get interesting if the "Arab Spring" finally came to Riyadh.

Comment

Originally posted by starman View Post
              Probably wishful thinking but what if they couldn't agree and had a civil war or coup? Things could get interesting if the "Arab Spring" finally came to Riyadh.

I don't think it will happen today, mainly because there are a few sons of Abdulaziz left. But they are all very old.

But definitely, a civil war or/and coup is quite possible. Maybe even divide their military. I have never seen the old sons as ambitious, maybe except for one. Clearly, the young generation must see that too.

Comment

Salman has dementia. Meaning senile. Its in the video.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/01/23/mi...a-king-salman/

Comment

Some one wrote a really nice review about Abdullah in Urdu. I will translate here.

People like King Abdullah are one in a million and are born one in hundreds of years. ....... Thank Allah (SWT) for that, other wise this world would have been ruined

Comment

Originally posted by kasaeed View Post
                    Some one wrote a really nice review about Abdullah in Urdu. I will translate here.

People like King Abdullah are one in a million and are born one in hundreds of years. ....... Thank Allah (SWT) for that, other wise this world would have been ruined
                    Thats really good. If you are not paying attention you can miss the meaning.

Comment

I remember, we all had high hopes for Abdullah in 2005 he might do something for the peace. But he like his brother turned out to be a bigger stooge of USA. Now he is dead and none in Pakistan actually gives a s h * * who this now King is. They are all the same, racist, terrorist creating unrest in my country.
                      Last edited by Gonjeeshk; 01-27-2015, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Behrooz Boonabi View Post

I don't think it will happen today, mainly because there are a few sons of Abdulaziz left. But they are all very old.

But definitely, a civil war or/and coup is quite possible. Maybe even divide their military. I have never seen the old sons as ambitious, maybe except for one. Clearly, the young generation must see that too.
                        Maybe not a civil war or/and coup is the way to go. The young and opposition-minded could use this as an opportunity to protest for more reforms in Saudi.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonjeeshk View Post

Maybe not a civil war or/and coup is the way to go. The young and opposition-minded could use this as an opportunity to protest for more reforms in Saudi.

From what I have seen, protests don't even get acknowledged in Saudi Arabia. No doubt things will change. But I don't think the monarchy that owns all the money will give it up willingly.

Comment

This said, I don't think intervening is a good idea. Letting it fester is allot better in my opinion. That is what is proven to work. Doing nothing. If they wan't help, they will ask, and it wont be some faction but a huge population that likes your country, and hope it helps them.

They get a real revolution and you get a state that likes yours.

Comment

Now King Suleman will drive Saudi Arabia to 11th century :-p

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X