S-300 for Egypt - Forums

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S-300 for Egypt

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • S-300 for Egypt

    http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News...se-system.html

  • #2
    Thank you for this. Isn't it ridiculous for Egypt to claim the S-300s are intended to counter Iran? Iranian aircraft are supposed to attack Egypt, lol? That's nonsense but essential to reduce American and Israeli opposition to the deal.

    Comment


    • #3
      According to a "senior Israeli intelligence official" . Are any non-zionist sources reporting this? I don't normally trust anything that zionists say.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Gonjeeshk View Post
        According to a "senior Israeli intelligence official" . Are any non-zionist sources reporting this? I don't normally trust anything that zionists say.

        It says the deal was reported in Russian media. As far as I know the Egyptians didn't deny it

        Comment


        • #5
          That's something to go on. It's about time that Egypt improved its armed forces against the major threat, the zionist occupation.

          Comment


          • #6
            The threat from the east may refer to the cancer of ISIS that is spreading through Iraq and Syria, with a few isolated cases in Libya. But it's not like ISIS needs to be countered with advanced anti-aircraft systems. Iran doesn't have the range to be a threat.

            Comment


            • #7
              Of course. The only reason for acquiring S-300s is to counter the Israeli air force. Gonjeeshk, Egypt has long done what it could to match zionist strength. But in a unipolar world, as Putin put it, where the only superpower is a toadie of Israel, it's difficult at best.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by starman View Post
                Of course. The only reason for acquiring S-300s is to counter the Israeli air force. Gonjeeshk, Egypt has long done what it could to match zionist strength. But in a unipolar world, as Putin put it, where the only superpower is a toadie of Israel, it's difficult at best.


                I agree, but times are changing!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Abu Sulayman View Post
                  The threat from the east may refer to the cancer of ISIS that is spreading through Iraq and Syria, with a few isolated cases in Libya. But it's not like ISIS needs to be countered with advanced anti-aircraft systems. Iran doesn't have the range to be a threat.

                  Iran has no geopolitical reason or care to go to war with Egypt. But israel has admitted it wants a chunk of Egypt many times. The S-300 is a nice step but can't be the only step. Egypt needs more diversification on military hardware so going to Russia is a good move.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by starman View Post
                    Of course. The only reason for acquiring S-300s is to counter the Israeli air force. Gonjeeshk, Egypt has long done what it could to match zionist strength. But in a unipolar world, as Putin put it, where the only superpower is a toadie of Israel, it's difficult at best.
                    Yes but, it can modernise itself enough to make any IOF attack costly and therefore have some level of deterrent. It's no secret that zionists covet the Sinai and want to occupy it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Behrooz Boonabi View Post
                      But israel has admitted it wants a chunk of Egypt many times.
                      Wow, they want Sinai again? What Israeli said that?

                      The S-300 is a nice step but can't be the only step.
                      Of course not. They should get the T-50 and Armata. Like you say times are changing so maybe they can get them in coming years.

                      Egypt needs more diversification on military hardware so going to Russia is a good move.
                      A great move. It never made sense to be dependent on Israel's staunch backer. Besides Russia, Egypt may consider turning to China which may produce world class weapons, including a counterpart to the F-35.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by starman View Post

                        Wow, they want Sinai again? What Israeli said that?
                        Dude, even nutyahoo ran his campaign on it. Check this out and try not to loose your lid. https://www.google.com/webhp?ssrp=1&...9C%D7%9E%D7%94



                        Originally posted by starman View Post
                        Of course not. They should get the T-50 and Armata. Like you say times are changing so maybe they can get them in coming years.
                        Yes. I think it is also better than the non functional F-35. Literally a flying robot and comparatively affordable.



                        Originally posted by starman View Post
                        A great move. It never made sense to be dependent on Israel's staunch backer. Besides Russia, Egypt may consider turning to China which may produce world class weapons, including a counterpart to the F-35.
                        That is another option. China is using Russian engines too, so maybe they are swappable into something. I can't remember what engine it is but if it can be done, that is useful too.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by starman View Post
                          Thank you for this. Isn't it ridiculous for Egypt to claim the S-300s are intended to counter Iran? Iranian aircraft are supposed to attack Egypt, lol? That's nonsense but essential to reduce American and Israeli opposition to the deal.
                          i think the egyptians are just jealous , they want everything that iran has

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Behrooz Boonabi View Post


                            Iran has no geopolitical reason or care to go to war with Egypt. But israel has admitted it wants a chunk of Egypt many times. The S-300 is a nice step but can't be the only step. Egypt needs more diversification on military hardware so going to Russia is a good move.
                            there's no "chunk" of egypt that israel can muster , there's only the nile river delta that egypt has , the rest of it i'msure israel will leave to isis

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Redeemer View Post

                              i think the egyptians are just jealous , they want everything that iran has

                              I think they just wan't to defend themselves while still being able to access the US market.


                              Originally posted by Redeemer View Post

                              there's no "chunk" of egypt that israel can muster , there's only the nile river delta that egypt has , the rest of it i'msure israel will leave to isis

                              If its worth at least one penny, they will try to claim it as theirs.

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X